This moved and restored two-story building dates from 1927 and is now a Welcome Center. The interior is finished but hollow.
It's an example of Novelty or Programmatic Architecture...basically a gimmick to get people to stop. Originally it was a cafe next to an Atlantic gas station.
A 1943 image by Esther Bubley available through this Library of Congress link shows it next to a Greyhound bus stop: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/cph.3c29729